Sunday, February 9, 2014

Review, Swatches, EOTD: MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper - a beautiful highlighter!

Hello Pretty Ladies,

Hope you are doing great!!


I am so excited about this post as this is my first ever MAC review on the blog. Yaayy! I have many MAC products lined up for review but want each of them to be detailed and special and hence they will come in intervals :) Finally my so called vacation (read recovery phase of surgery) is ending today. I will be working from home starting from tomorrow but for a change I am looking forward to it because I got too bored just resting and lying down. Anyhow, let's move on to the focus of this post today: MAC eyeshadow in the shade Ricepaper which is a frost finish eyeshadow and belongs to MAC's permanent collection. This is a much raved about shade in the blogosphere because it makes up for an excellent highlighter to highlight the brow bone and tear duct areas. So without further ado, let's check out why it is one of the hottest selling products of MAC.


Read on to find out more.


MAC says:
Ricepaper is a peachy gold eyeshadow with shimmer (frost).

It can be used for:

Browbone highlighting
Inner corner/tear duct highlighting
Overall lid color more of a wash of neutral.

Price: 900 INR for single pan and 680 INR for refill. 

Ingredients:


Packaging: The eyeshadow comes in a sturdy black packaging with the shade mentioned behind it. The refills come in regular tiny circular pans.



































My Experience with  MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper:

I am in love with this eyeshadow because it can be used for more than one purpose and I like such multi-purpose eyeshadow shades. This eyeshadow is famous as a brow bone and tear duct highlighter and is loved by those with fair-medium skin tone. Let's check out the further details:


Shade: The shade is a lovely champagne with peach undertones but it comes out more like a white gold on my skin. It is a neutral shade which will compliment many colors used alongwith. Mostly suited for fair-medium skin tones as it may appear ashy and stark light on dusky beauties.


Texture, Finish and Pigmentation: The texture is extremely beautiful. It is finely milled and the shimmer is packed densely which imparts sheen and doesn't look tacky at all. I love how it glides easily and blends like a dream. You do not have to take much efforts to blend it as the shimmer infuses during blending gives that oh-so-amazing highlights to the brow bone and inner ducts. It is beautifully pigmented but since it is a neutral color, you might have to use a little extra on the brush for the shade to show up and the best thing is there is absolutely no fall out during application.


Staying power: On my oily lids, it stays on for almost 7-8 hours without budging. The staying power is amazing.


Pros:



  • Beautiful champagne white gold shade which is excellent for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner.
  • Multi-functional product, can be used a highlighter as well as a overall lid color.
  • Staying power is exceptionally well. It stays on for more than 8 hours without fading.
  • Texture is smooth and blends easily. No fallouts :)
  • It belongs to the permanent collection so there is no fear of this getting discontinued. :D
Cons:
  • Some may find it expensive but all MAC products are because the quality is top notch! it needs no explanation :)
Swatches:

EOTD: 

1. I have used Ricepaper on brow bone, tear duct and also on the waterline. Tutorial of this eye makeup can be found here.

2. In this EOTD I have applied a wash of Ricepaper all over my lid. It doesn't show up as such but gives a nice sheen to the lids for your eyeliner to pop.

Would I recommend this product?

Yes! Fair-Medium toned beauties should definitely indulge in this! It is a beautiful shade.

Would I repurchase this product?

I don't think I will hit pan soon as there is a lot of product in there but I will check out the other shades from the permanent collection.

My Rating: 4.8/5 (-0.2 because it will not suit all skin tones. It looks ashy and white on dusky skin tones)


So go ahead ladies. Don't think twice before picking up this shade if you trust MAC products and don't mind shelling those extra bucks to invest in this beautiful eyeshadow.


Have you used MAC ricepaper? How do you find it? Do share your thoughts via comments. I love reading them :)


P.S.: Please correct me if the prices have been revised. I have purchased this from HongKong so I am not sure of the current price in India.


Happy Valentine's Week!!! 

Take Care,


Love,

Mayuri