Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tutorial time: A simple peek-a-boo eye makeup tutorial for beginners

Hello Gorgeous Ladies,

Hope you all are doing awesome!

I am so excited to share my first eye makeup tutorial. Although it is not very complex or dramatic, it would definitely be helpful for newbies at eye makeup. I have named it peek-a-boo because I have used a pop of color which peeps out like sun rises from the horizon! I know I am getting all philosophical but couldn't help writing that line :D I have not used a lot of products for this look and kept it very simple. I did not even apply any color on my lower lash line. Kept it bare. So lets see how I created this look.

Read on to find out more.


Products I used for this tutorial:

1. Bright green eyeshadow from Manly 120 eyeshadow palette. You can use any bright shade of your choice. Make sure it pops out when applied on the lid :)
2. MAC select moisturecover concealer in NC 42.
3. MAC ricepaper eyeshadow.
4. Oriflame eyelash curler.
5. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara.
6. Maybelline Gel Eyeliner Liner in Black.

Steps:

1. Start off by moisturizing and prepping up the eyes by applying an an eye cream and under eye gel.

2. Conceal the dark circles and lids to get a perfect canvas ready to be painted.



3. Apply the bright eyeshadow (green in my case) on the lower half of the lid. Don't apply it on the entire lid because we want this to pop out from beneath the eye liner.

4. Line your eyes with your favorite black eyeliner and wing it out. I love winging out my eyeliner :)

5. Apply highlighter in the inner corners, tear ducts and on the brow bone.

6. Apply the same highlighter or any flesh colored or white colored liner on the waterline to instantly brighten up the eyes. I used MAC rice paper here.

7. Curl your lashes and apply oodles of mascara and you are done!! See I told you it is simple.

This is such an easy peasy eye makeup look which can be achieved in a jiffy. It is perfect for beginners who are quite apprehensive of working with eye shadows and get scared of blending. This requires no blending, no fancy brushes and no perfection. It is a go to look for anyone who wants to give a shot at eye makeup.

I really like to play around with colors for my eyes and this look was an attempt to get the pop of color working. I am sorry about the insufficient lighting in the pics. I am trying to work on lighting and my camera skills :)

I hope you all like this look. This is a fun look which can be customized to go on any outfit, any occasion. If you are a newbie to eye makeup, start off with this and build your way towards more dramatic and perfect looks. I myself am working on smokey eyes. It is one of my new year resolutions i.e. to master the smokey eyes :D I hope I am able to achieve a perfect sultry smokey eyes look by the end of the year.

So how did you find this look? I know it is very basic for all you pros out there but this just an attempt at helping those who have just entered the beautiful and colorful world of eye makeup. Do share your thoughts via comments.

Take Care,

Love,
Mayuri